Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Speechless For All The Wrong Reasons


Let me first state I have not lost faith in this team. I think a lot of times, especially in the last 10 to 15 years, people who follow sports associate criticism with hatred or "jumping off the band-wagon." Well I have been a Canucks fan for over 20 years now, (I have the Mogilny jersey to prove it) so I ain't going anywhere. Criticism just shows you care...unless you are threatening horrible things upon the players. If thats the case please ignore my tweets.

Losing does not make me angry. It doesn't make me happy, but its illogical to think a team will never lose, especially in the playoffs. Giving up on the other hand, drives me insane. This I have a big problem with, and it seems that the Canucks tend to just give up when they are down. Not everyone, but two in particular: The Valium Twins.

Daniel and Henrik have an uncanny ability to just roll-over and die when the team is losing, and they did just that. The Canucks had a not-so-great secon period, as they tend to do, and the Twins just quit. Their passes were sloppy, their shots weak and to call their back-checking lazy is an understatement. It was a disgrace, and sadly not the first time (see First Round vs Chicago, games 4-7), and I guarantee you not the last.

You are down four goals, its not looking good, but you know whats worse than losing 4-0? Losing 8-1 in a Stanley Cup Final game. What compounds this is they are supposed to be the leaders of this team, so for them to give up makes it that much worse. Also making it worse? Mann Malhotra out there with one eye, playing with twice as much heart, energy, and pride than those two combined.

They are not the only ones that rolled-over. Other than Kesler (who's groin injury looked like it wasn't helping), Burrows, and Mason Raymond, the entire team only has to look into the mirror for someone to blame. It was a joke, a disgrace, and made me ashamed to be a Canucks fan.

Do I think the Canucks are still going to win? Of course! They still have a 2-1 series lead. They are still the best team by far, and they still have momentum. But no matter how this series plays out, one thing is for sure. I have lost all respect for Daniel and Henrik Sedin. They clearly don't have the heart or guts to be leaders. Henrik may be leading the playoffs in points, but when his team needed him the most against Chicago in the first round, he was nowhere to be found. That speaks louder than words right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment