Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wake Up Vancouver!



I know its hockey in Canada, a religious experience in itself, been to enough games there to know. I get goosebumps every time I walk into an arena, whether thats at Rogers Arena, Joe Louis Arena, Compuware (Plymouth Whalers), or even here in Hockey Purgatory. I love it, the smell, the feel, the people, the banners, its great. Nothing else like it in the world.

It made it fitting then that Game 1 was played on Sunday, because Rogers Arena felt like a church. It was insanely quiet. Yeah it came alive with goals, but what arena doesn't?! There just seemed to be no passion at Rogers Arena though. Now I am not saying Canucks fans lack passion, I was there this year, for a game in November no less, against these same Sharks even, and the place was electric.

However, it did seem like people were there more because it was the thing to do, then because they love hockey. Even so, they have to get into this game. Its going to be embarrassing if in a series with a California team, they have the louder arena. This is the Western Conference Finals, its been 17 years...17?! Get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment