Wednesday, November 4, 2015

McCann and Virtanen Make The Team


The video of Jared McCann and Jake Virtanen making the team has made its rounds a thousand times over by now, but you haven't seen it, here it is: McCann and Virtanen. One thing I kept hearing from Trevor Linden and Jim Benning was how they want to create a culture at the organization, well I think this is a step in the right direction. As you will remember they did the same thing last year with Bo Horvat.

Now I wouldn't want my boss announcing a promotion or raise in this manner, however, I think its perfect for an NHL team. It combines a bit of hazing and some constructive criticism, which athletes are used to, but it doesn't go too far. I always love the interview with them afterwards as well, it proves how this tactic works so well. Congrats on making the team guys!

1 comment: