Wednesday, September 30, 2015

That Game Stung Like A Puck To The Face

(Brendan Gaunce after taking a puck to the face vs Sharks)

Once more a preseason game where only the young guys contributed. Save for Ryan Miller who looked fairly sharp (2GA, one deflected off his own defenceman), the veterans disappear once again. Its preseason, but why is it every team they've faced so far has veterans contributing? When they were in Calgary, Hudler was making plays and getting points. Last night Brent Burns scores. Meanwhile we have Edler getting schooled by Wingels in front of his own net. I will say it was hilarious to see Edler attempt to play defence after Wingels had already made a play on the puck. If these guys are this lackadaisical now, I shutter to think what the season will be like.

Gaunce continues to impress. This time taking a clearing attempt from Hutton off his face and finishing the shift on the PK, which lasted about another minute. Then you have McCann making a great play by getting into the passing lane to intercept a puck right in front of Martin Jones, which was impressive enough. But then he turns around and rips one before any defender knew what happened? That was awesome. His release was absurd. At this rate Gaunce and McCann should be on the opening night roster. Trade Vey for a bag of pucks or outright release him. The guy is playing like he has nothing to prove, when he has everything to prove.

I have been through some frustrating seasons with this team, so I am not going to get too worked up. However, what really gets me is how the on-ice leadership is so nonchalant and act as if they are a perennial contender or something. Here is an interview with the Sedins from July where all they talk about is wanting to stay, and if they win it'd be ok. That's what I want to hear from my Captain, Assistant, and highest paid players on the team "I want to stay here so I can say I played for the same team my whole career. If we win a Cup, that'd be cool." Why not say it? Cash the big checks and never have to worry about delivering. Perfect scenario for them!  

3 comments:

  1. Very nice blog and very informative.. Thank for sharing such a good blog. Visit my article Click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading the article above, really explains everything in detail,the article is very interesting and effective. Thank you and good luck for the upcoming articles. Take a look at my article What are the various Competitive Exams ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your content helped me a lot to take my doubts, amazing content, thank you very much for sharing.
    Download videos online from Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook

    ReplyDelete