Saturday, July 2, 2011

Who's In, Who's Out

(I think Marco Sturm is the one on the right)

So I had an entire post written out about the guys they kept, the guys they let go, and what they should be doing since the signings that have been made. However, Google has seen fit to be a piece of crap, and when I tried to post, asked me for my password, which I entered, but as usual with Google accounts it said it was wrong. Google is a joke when it comes to this BS and it drives me insane!

Anyway, you guys now get the Cliff Notes version. I like the Higgins and Alberts signings, especially at the price. Both guys got a bit of a bump in salary and deservedly so. I thought Torres went too low, and was surprised he went to a team on the decline such as Phoenix. Thought a contender would have stepped up. I hope Tanner Glass fairs well in Winnipeg. he is a great fourth liner and always goes full throttle. He is also a great presence in the locker room and in the community. Sad to see him go, but happy for him as well. 

I am completely perplexed by the Marco Sturm signing. He is an alright player when healthy, which hasn't occurred in three seasons. The only good part of this signing is its only for one year. Even so, if he gets injured that is a loss to a top six Forward roster spot. Not liking this at all. 

With so many teams under the Salary Floor they still can unload Keith Ballard. For the record I have nothing against Ballard, but it seems Alain hates him, due to the fact he barely played him in the playoffs. So what good is a $4.2 million a year Defenseman that you don't want playing in the playoffs? Send him to a place where he will play, and you can get $4.2 million off the books. But what do I know? I want to unload money, and NOT sign injury-prone under-achieving Forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment