Thursday, June 2, 2011

They Did What?!


The Canucks came out flying, and Tim Thomas stood tall (HAHA, cause he's short!), but they did not waver. They kept plugging away, except for the second, but Boston took a break then too. They hung around, and hung around, and won the game with 18 seconds left. Was it shocking, of course, but was it surprising? Not at all. They have been doing this all year.

It was kind of fitting that it was Raffi Torres, Ryan Kesler, and Jannik Hansen all got in on it. With the exception of a couple Defenseman, those three were skating their butt's off the entire game. Kesler's awareness to slide his toe to stay onside just shows how on lock-down he is right now, which lead to this thing of beauty:



Again, listening to Jim Hughson call that gives me goosebumps. I went nuts. My neighbors haven't been this mad at me since Game 7 of the first round. My heart rate did not slow down from about an hour before the game until an hour after. I am lucky have gotten in better shape than normal, otherwise I might be dead.

Speaking of dead the officials were awful. I hate it when the back ref calls penalties and that was a theme in this game. I am not going on a diatribe because I think the refs were biased against the Canucks, it was atrocious for both teams. Now I am sure they will call nothing in Game 2, because that midget in New York is turning this into the NBA, where officials make history.



No comments:

Post a Comment