Friday, May 13, 2011

Here Come The Sharks


Loved this picture so much, I had to put it up. I apologize for the absence, but life on The Pond has been insanely busy lately. I did have time to watch Game 7, and it was telling to say the least. The Sharks looked sloppy at times, and rely heavily on their goalie, sounds like last round. Except the Sharks are much bigger, and spread the scoring around.

My biggest fear for the Canucks is the size of the Sharks. I don't worry about Burrows, Kesler, Torres, or even Raymond for that matter, I worry about The Twins. With their lack luster effort, getting blasted by bigger forwards might just make them less noticeable. 

This is going to come down to Bobby Lu and the Defense. They have to stop those big bodies from getting to the net. I have a feeling Bobby is going to be seeing a lot of rubber in this series. Kesler and Burrows are going to be key for grit and scoring. However, if the Sedins would turn up their effort and passion even a little, this series would be no contest.

2 comments:

  1. nice picture of Joe The Great, but maybe he has more in common with Greg Louganis, (for more than one reason) that dive he took and got two min. for, was worse than any dive of Cindy Crosby. What a puss. Also, do you know the last name of the real painter in the picture you used above?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to know his last name, but forgot it now. Yeah no kidding, this is the biggest place where Don Cherry has lost me. If he had video of The Twins, Ovechkin, or any European player he would play it on a loop. Joe Thornton does it and he doesn't even mention it.

    ReplyDelete