Friday, April 8, 2011

Kesler Scores, Bobby Luo Stands On His Head, Here Come The Playoffs

First off a couple quick notes. I am posting this from my phone because I am back home in Kesler Kountry (aka Michigan) where this is my only means of internet and my computer is done for. However, a new one is on its way as I type this. Second I will not be tweeting for tomorrows game either for the very same reasons, but you can be assured it will continue once the playoffs start. I am sure you are all releived now. On to the important stuff.

Kesler gets a hat-trick and a 40 goal season all in the same game! For someone who grew up in Michigan, is an Ohio State fan (I know doesn't make much sense), and is a Canucks fan, this was perhaps the highlight of the regular season for me. Loved every second of it. I am sure it is in no small part to me purchasing a Kesler jersey at Rogers Arena in November either. Nice to sign a guy to an extension, then just have him tear it up.

Bobby Luo also looked great in this game. He made some great saves, per usual, and grabbed another shutout in what has been a stellar season. Still not happy he is playing, but he responded well and I hope this will carry over.

It was also trophy night in Vancouver. Nice to see all the alumni, some we had seen already this year (Haaarrrooolllddd) and some not. But the obvious highlight of the evening was Manny Malhotra coming out to accept the President's Trophy with Henrik. Great to see him, and the fans went nuts. Miss that guy in the face-off circle and PK, but just hoping he gets healed soon, regardless of his professional future.

One more game tomorrow, then its playoff time. I hope Calgary shows a bit more class then they have in the past when it comes to missing the playoffs, you would think they are used to it by now. I am going to attempt a playoff preview at some point early next week.

*I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes*
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment