Friday, April 29, 2011

Canucks Win, Yet I Am Worried


Scared of this dude, and yes I realize what picture I posted. I Was scared of him in the regular season, and I am even more scared of him now. Pekka Rinne can steal a series. The guy is insane, and the worst part I don't even think he has caught fire yet. The Predators are a solid team, but Rinne is the sole reason they are here, and the soul reason they win.

He was insane last night. Stopping everything that came his way, well almost everything. This series will be all about goaltending, because thats the way Nashville plays. They hang around, depend on Rinne to keep them close, and then eek out a goal. Teams like this scare me, because if the aforementioned goalie gets hot, they are almost impossible to beat.

However, the Canucks looked good. They didn't look deterred by not capitalizing on chances, and kept pushing it. They played great defense, but not like thats an accomplishment against Nashville. Henrik and Daniel appeared to have realized they are in the playoffs, and the intensity level was up closer to where it should be. They have to play a tight game and try to minimize mistakes, because in this series they will be even more costly.

No comments:

Post a Comment