Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Worst Game Preview Of All-Time

Its almost 9 am on the East coast, yes I am referring to Ohio as the East coast, and I am at work on a Saturday to check people in for our job fair. Furthermore I am a salary employee, so no OT. But the topper? No computer, so I am writing this on my mobile, hence the title, and the horrible grammar and spelling that lay ahead.

So the Canucks are playing the LA Kings today in an afternoon game. What I do remember about the Kings this year is they are underachieving. This is a very different team than the Canucks played in the first round, even though the players are much of the same. The biggest subtraction is definitely Alexander Frolov, who bolted for the Rangers. They added Alexei Ponikoravsky, and just added Dustin Penner at the deadline.

Despite the team's poor season, Jonathan Quick has been putting up decent numbers if I remember correctly. The Kings were hoping this would be the year Steve Bernier became the number one guy, but he has yet to step up. Just what the Canucks need right now, face another hot goalie. The Kings much talked about Defense from last year actually got an upgrade in the off-season with the addition of Willie Mitchell, but streaky performances from Jack Johnson (recently found out not the singer) and Drew Doughty have plagued them. Should be an interesting game.

UPDATE: I have calmed down from my game review yesterday. It is insanely frustrating though to read that stuff coming from a team captain, but XBox and working out did the trick.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment