Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Injury Updates


I purposely left this tidbit out of my Columbus post, because I wanted to give it its own. Then work got insane and I wasn't able to get it posted when I wanted. It wasn't all bad though, had some time for news to come out...not much as far as a return. However, the Sun reports he is in good spirits and is eager to return, which is pretty good news itself. Fourth concussion in his career, and second one in seven weeks, so there is some cause for long-term health. 

As I stated before I was at this game, and Rick Nash was skating towards the end where I was sitting. When Bieksa and Hamhuis collided it did not look that bad at all. If anything I thought he hurt his leg, or abdomen. Last thing I thought was concussion, but after seeing the replay, it was obvious. This just illustrates how concussions can come out of nowhere. 

Manny underwent his second eye surgery. It appears it will be 6 to 8 weeks before we will know anything about his future, as in if he will be able to have full sight, or any sight for that matter. Alexander Edler has been skating in Vancouver with Andrew Alberts (kind of made it sound like they are training for pairs), and both could join the team practices soon. It would be nice to have a full defense for the playoffs. Although Tanev has been pretty solid, especially considering the minutes he has played.

1 comment:

  1. steve nash, Malhotras brother in law, said doctors are concentrating right now on saving his eye and not really looking at what his site will be like. sounds pretty serious and career threatening for sure. good luck to him.

    ReplyDelete