Monday, March 7, 2011

Ducks Go Down, And Some Other News And Notes


There they are! That is the team I have been waiting to see for the last few weeks. The team that doesn't let mediocre teams stay in games. The team that plays two-way hockey. The team that doesn't hang their goalies out to dry. Although the top two lines didn't look their best, but they weren't a liability either, they still earned a well-deserved win. The Ducks are fighting for a playoff spot, but they had been on a hot streak, beating the likes of Detroit and Dallas in the process.

And how about Manny?! Just killing it. Scores on the first shot of the game, just 42 seconds in. Obviously Manny did not think this was sufficient, so he decided to score 17 seconds into the second period. Both were just back-breaking goals and took the Ducks out of both periods before they even started. But lets not forget about the goalie. Another Vancouver goalie hit a milestone this weekend in southern California, with Cory Schneider getting his first NHL shutout stopping 26 shots. He looked, well, like he has all year, awesome. He made some big saves and looked very sharp. I hope to see more of him down the stretch to give Luongo some rest.

In other news, the Canucks called up Viktor Oreskovich from Manitoba today. This was in relation to Mason Raymond being injured in the game yesterday. No word on if Raymond will be out, so I think this is just a precautionary move. Also, Chris Higgins seems to be ready, and could also fill in for Raymond. So we shall see how this plays out.

NOTP UPDATE: Life has been insanely busy lately. I planned on doing the Weekly Grades today at lunch, but had to take my car in for repairs instead. So I planned on doing it tomorrow, but I am now working through lunch because my brother will be in town, and I have been told to be ready to party (I made that PG, he used much more colorful language). So I have no idea when I will be ready to grade, or if I will catch the game tomorrow night. Still pondering the idea of bringing on another person, but I am even too busy to get that done at this moment. Oh and the only way I am able to post this is by skipping my work duties, so back to it! Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment